Thursday, November 25, 2010

Canucks 4 Avs 2

See that look Sacco is giving, he looks like someone just took a piss in his corn flakes, and he's not going to take it. This was also BEFORE what would take place tonight at GM Place Rogers Arena. Colorado was trying to extend a 4 game winning streak, while Vancouver was trying to stop a slide that saw them winless in their last 4

First off, I'd like to thank Stub Hub for giving me these choice seats you see below..

The game started off as most Avs/Nucks games do, with a lot of open ice play, and the Avs standing around and watching it. The first goal for the home team came as a penalty was going to be called on the boys in burgundy. The Canucks were 6 on 5 and worked the puck around the perimeter well when Kevin Bieksa tipped a Samuelsson point shot past the waving glove of Craig Anderson to make it 1-0 Canucks. The Avs, I found, got out worked down low this period, and despite tieing the Canucks in shots,(and losing Adam Foote - again) the road team left the ice after the opening frame down by one. Also got to chat a little puck with Avs Radio man Marc Moser which is always a pleasure.

I hate myself for my next point, but I missed the first Colorado goal. See, my buddy I was with just HAD to introduce me to some of his friends. Johnny Liles said 'screw this' and just put a PPG goal home without me. Boom, tie game. In my lateness, I noticed a '31' in goal on the other side of the ice and not '41' not sure what the status on Anderson is, but he didn't return tonight. (does BC do something to him?) The moral of the second was, if the Avs weren't on the powerplay, nothing really got done in the Vancouver zone. Could it have been the days off? Might have been, but if it weren't for Peter Budaj making some sweet post to post saves, this one might have been over in the second. The Canucks did score, however. Those god damned Sedins and their tag-along pal Alex Burrows combined twice (more on the second goal later) tonight and just made the Avs look silly in their own zone all night.

Second Intermission had the Avs down by one, much like the first. As the third began, the team looked like they might actually want to win a hockey game. That was until Ryan Kesler, the only Canuck I have a shred of respect for, showed up. We'll take you to Mile High Hockey for their take on the 'goal'


'In the third, a long review of a Kesler shot that hit the post and went straight up in the air and then off of Budaj and in the net, resulted in an eventual 2 goal Vancouver lead. It was ruled no goal on the ice, because it looked like it was hit in with a high stick. However, video review ruled that Tambellini never touched the puck and it was a good goal. I call bullshit. Tambellini didn't hit the puck because he smacked Budaj's face instead, which knocked Budaj's helmet into the puck and the puck into the net. I guess you can lumberjack high-stick the goaltender - when he is standing upright. Makes sense.'

I really didn't get a clear view of the 'beheading' (despite the fact it was right in front of me) till I was at the bar post game and saw the SportsCentre hilights, total bull shit call, refs missed that one.

You would think the Avs would turtle at this point (they did) until Matt Duchene poked a loose puck under Luongo in what was probably the greasiest goal he's scored in his career, which made it 3-2 Canucks. I mentioned above how much I loathe the Sedins and their tag-along-pal Burrows, the 4th Vancouver goal, is the reason why. Any other team, I would laud this goal, but it's Vancouver, so I can't.





there's the video, the sadistic ones in the audience wearing the Avs gear can watch.

That was game. I thought the Canucks played a strong game, something like what Colorado should have played. This wasn't the team that won 4 straight, nor was this the Canucks team that had dropped their last 4. As I said earlier on twitter, some teams just have other teams' numbers. Chicago CLEARLY has Vancouver's, and as we witnessed tonight, Vancouver CLEARLY has Colorado's. If Colorado wants to be in the upper echelon of the Western Conference, these games have to be must wins.

The Avs continue their brief western road swing tomorrow where they face the Edmonton Oilers. The Canucks continue their home stand Friday against the San Jose Sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment