Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nightly Recaps: 10/14/10


Lightning 3 @ Flyers 2: There was a huge reunion tonight which we will get to later,but what about the under the radar return of Simon Gagne to Philadelphia. The current Tampa Bay LW, and future Avalanche LW, played 10 seasons in Philadelphia totaling 524 points in Flyers orange. Gagne's current team came out on top with Gagne not figuring much in the game except being on the ice for a Flyers goal, but in a very classy move he was chosen 1st star of the game.



Hurricanes 2 @ Senators 3: Well here is a prediction even the "experts" who picked the Avalanche to finish in dead last last season probably had, Pascal Leclaire goes down again. Leclaire left Thursday night's game with a lower body injury suffered in the 1st period just adding to the log of injuries Leclaire has had since his NHL debut in 2006. Mr. Carrie Underwood, Mike Fisher, added 2 goals for the Senators including the GWG late in the 3rd.



Blues 3 @ Cal O'Reilly 4: Ok so tonight the Blues lost a game in Nashville to the Predators 4-3 but I've decided I want to have a little fun. Cal O'Reilly the big brother of the Avalanche center, Ryan O'Reilly, added 3 assist in the game and since I'm not sure how often Cal will have a game like this I want to enjoy it. I would totally get the kids jersey if I wasn't positive he will never find a permanent home.



Oilers 2 @ Wild 4: Ok here is the 1st game I really don't have much interesting to say about except I'm surprised it took the 3rd game for the Oilers to get their first loss. People were comparing the Oilers to last years Avs team and even this loss is similar, a 2-1 lead and then 3 unanswered goals. Don't lose faith yet Oilers fans, although you can probably do that by the end of next week. Also no surprise Mikko Koivu led the Wild with 2 goals and an assist.



Red Wings 1 @ Stars 4: So lotta hype for the Mike Modano's return to Dallas game but not much of a result. Modano was literally non-existent in the game (15+ minutes no shots) but thanks to future HOF'er Chris Osgood the fact that Dallas played a horrible game didn't matter. The Stars scored 4 goals on only 15 shots (4 over first 11). With his goal and 2 assist Brad Richards now has 7 points (2 goals and 5 assist) through his first 3 games. Richards was named the 1st star of the game and unlike the classy move made by the Flyers earlier in the night the Stars who declined to bring Modano back in the first place also decided not to honor him. Good night to this recap...Stay classy Dallas.



Panthers 3 @ Flames 0: Sometimes you just sigh when you see a game on the schedule and this game did that for me because you have two teams going nowhere and there isn't even a conference rivalry involved. Only thing that makes this recap worth writing is the Flames go it handed to them tonight thanks in large part to Czech Radek Dvorak (2 goals) and another goalie fail by Mikka Kiprusoff. Cute little finishing story on this one I am trying to get my girlfriend into hockey so last Saturday we are watching the Flames home opening ceremony on Center Ice and her first words to me were "They are called the FLAMES?!" then conveniently the Flames show a video and the first guy, a player I can't recall, goes "I'm proud to wear the FLAMING C" and me and my girlfriend laughed at the stupidity and hilarity of the comment. Being an Avs fan myself I'm glad my girlfriends first run in with the Flames went terribly.

@SCrociata

No comments:

Post a Comment